NTI provided security system consulting, design and production of construction documents and construction administration for the Headquarters/Soccer Complex for Atlanta United FC. The facility includes a headquarters building of approximately 25,000 GSF and surface parking on a 31-acre site.
Created to foster openness and an aspirational environment, the facility faces the fields so that academy players, front office employees and first-team players can feel connected and focused on the club.
The first-team locker room is an oval-shaped room with no corners to promote unity, and the academy locker rooms are built in much the same way. Atlanta United felt that by allowing academy players to train, eat and work out in the same facility as the first team, younger players will remain motivated and continue their progress as Atlanta United players.
The complex also includes two in-ground hydrotherapy pools, a full-service kitchen, plus a tactics & media room.
NTI Scope of Services
Security System Elements
Access control points may include:
- strategic employee entrances for the headquarters building and within the 6,000 SF office area of the stadium.
- control points for parking areas
- ingress/egress control points for the overall site/campus
- possible locations at other areas on the site (maintenance building, etc.)
- provisions will be made to connect the targeted future development areas into the overall system
All cameras will part of centrally networked system capable of being monitored at central location (the Security office) and with remote monitoring capabilities (typically via password protected network access from a PC).
The areas for CCTV coverage include:
- Headquarters building entrances and common access areas
- Employee and public ingress/egress access areas on the overall site/campus
The CCTV system will allow monitoring of “shared” interest cameras by local law enforcement personnel (if desired).
Alarm/Intrusion detection system
For the office areas and other buildings that will be locked during off hours, we anticipated an alarm/intrusion detection system to be desired. This system could include the following elements:
- Door contacts at entry and exit doors
- glass break detectors, motion detectors
- Duress Alarms at strategic locations.
- Software platform for monitoring and managing system.
Additional Recreation Projects
NTI is very proud to have been the technology consultants for Cam Newton’s upscale cigar lounge and restaurant, named “Fellaship,” located in Atlanta, his hometown. The 4,600 sf bar designed by Meyer Davis group, is close near the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. This lounge also includes a dining room and bar, a mezzanine level, a glass-enclosed wine room, and a speakeasy-like VIP lounge located behind moving bookshelves. This project came in at over 7 million dollars to complete.
It’s been said that Fellaship gives and elegant yet comfortable feel, which is exactly what Cam Newton wanted to achieve. NTI had the pleasure of working with Meyers Davis on another beautiful and successful project.
We began with space planning. We then planned and designed the infrastructure including the drawings for cabling systems, data, voice, security, audio visual and wireless systems.
NTI scope of services
- Facility Technology Design – NTI designed and produced drawings and specifications for the infrastructure for the technology systems for the entire facility. We coordinated with members of architect’s team, and the Ownership group. Our drawings detail all of the cabling, technology equipment rooms, power and HVAC requirements, cabling pathways and other elements of the “Information Transport System” (ITS). Using a globally recognized standards-based approach per TIA/EIA, ANSI, and BICSI guidelines, the completed ITS serves as the information highway for all data, security, TV, AV, and wireless systems.
- Security – NTI designed the CCTV and Card access systems within the scope area. The CCTV system design include specifications and elevations for security cameras, monitors and DVR units (digital recorders).
- Audio Visual Services – NTI designed a dynamic background music system that adheres to the owner’s requirements. This system will support up to four (4) sources of audio that can be distributed, as desired. The video systems employed flat panels and projectors. Within the area, we enhanced the audio system with additional support of microphone and line-level inputs, and with enhanced speakers designed to maximize vocal clarity and multi-media playback. Additional audio channels support Assisted Listening devices amd other audio needs. Volume controls and source selectors are accessible to staff to allow for control without the need to go to a central closet to make changes.
- Construction Administration – During the construction phase, NTI personnel responded to inquiries from the contractors regarding the build-out of the technology systems and visited the site to personally witness the contractor’s progress, workmanship and adherence to NTI drawings and specifications and Loews Hotel standards.
From concept through implementation, we worked closely with the Architect and Ownership teams to assure that the facility is configured to address tomorrow’s technology challenges today.
4,600 SF Bar
VIP Dining Room