The Fulton County Board of Commissioners launched a significant renovation to the Assembly Hall Auditorium in May of 2020. The $3.5M project is the first major renovation since the doors first opened over 20 years ago.
The 300+ seat auditorium & Dais renovation will include upgrading the Audio Visual (AV) design and systems. NTI was selected as the AV designer for the new and improved renovated auditorium, which will consist of:
- An upgrade from an SD analog projection system to full HD/4k capabilities with Large format video walls.
- A 220" Direct-view LED Main display
- Two (2) 110" displays flanking the Main display for optimal viewing coverage.
- Full Crestron NVX networked video solution.
- Shure Digital Discussion system for all Dais seats.
- Connections to Fulton County Government TV broadcast suite to provide camera, content, and audio feed for broadcast over public access TV channels.
- Pan/tilt/zoom camera controls for the broadcast director
- A commissioner chamber with a large-format LED display and video conferencing capabilities.
- Interconnectivity between the commissioner's chamber and the main assembly hall allowing the commissioners to receive any source from the assembly hall if desired.
- A press room that provides local journalists with 3G-SDI video and Line-level audio feed for convenient ingest into broadcast environments.
The collective improvements for the project provide the latest technology benefits available. For example:
Fulton county's two Annex locations will have the ability to connect to the main assembly hall during meetings via video teleconferencing to allow remote participation.
Youtube/web streaming will be available as an alternative to traditional broadcast using H.264 encoding systems.
In the clerk well, the clerk technical team will be able to operate the Granicus agenda management and voting system in addition to full AV system control.
The clerk area has two dedicated 98” displays to perform functions.
The system is equipped with Assistive listening in traditional RF and WiFi using ListenTech's ListenAnywhere application on attendee phones.
A closed captioning feed is also provided from the broadcast suite back to the assembly hall.
"When the renovations are complete, there will be a new sound system and a big improvement to all audio visual components, including video conferencing capabilities," said Deputy Chief Operating Officer Ellis Kirby. "It will be an overall technology renovation, which will help with meeting management."
In addition to upgrades in technology to the Fulton County Board of Commissioners Assembly Hall, a new lighting design with updated controls and new LED fixtures along the presentation walls will help showcase the Assembly Hall's beauty. As reported on the Fulton County website, the renovation is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2020.
NTI was founded by Jeff Cook and his partners to provide professional commercial technology consultation services. Since 1998, NTI has developed impressive portfolios for many markets, with a collective portfolio of over 1,400 projects. We are pure consultants whose sole focus is to provide the best value technology solutions for our clients with our full-time professional staff. Our project managers hold credentials with industry designations such as RCDD, RCDD/NTS, CTS, CTS-D, and PMP. Our team provides technology consulting and design services, including the production of construction drawings (AutoCAD, Revit).